Monday, August 24, 2009

Wilson Reunion

My favorite summer event for the first 15 years of my lilfe was the Wilson Family Reunion at Canandagua Amusement Park. I could hardly wait to see all my cousins and ride the rides. After the long drive there, (always seemed to take hours and hours) hung out for awhile, gave all the Aunts and Uncles their deserved hugs and kisses, gobbled down lots of food and we cousins ran off to ride the rides. Off course we were busy laughing and telling stories, embelllishing everything in our favor...........But we had fun! We banged into each other on the bumper cars, screamed as we snuggled into the TeaCup rides, and after our money ran out, went back and ate more! Each of us have happy memories of those Sundays, the last Sunday in July every year.
And I miss them.

I feel we have all done a disservice to our children, by not continuing on those traditions. I would like to have some feed back on ideas going forward. I miss you all, and I want to know your kids, just as our parents knew each one of us.

With our generation scattered about the country, I would like to figure out a way we can connect routinely. Lets get to know each other, where we are, our families, our likes/dislikes and so on. I think this blog can connect us, so, pass this on to a family member, and write for your parents if they don't have a computer!

The last few family reunions (on the years that end in zero) have been held in North Carolina. It was a long way to travel, and most of us can't leave our jobs very long. I feel we need to encourage our children and grandchildren to join us so they can create memories also. I was thinking if we could get together somewhere in the middle (like Virginia or West Virginia) we could make it a 4 day weekend and start new traditions. Any ideas? I feel that food isn't all that relavant, like hot dogs and KFC, it is more important that we get together.

No comments:

Post a Comment